Monday, April 15, 2013

3-Month Move-in-iversary

We've almost lived here for 3 months, so I thought I'd post an update on the state of the house. I won't subject you to a boring list of to-dos for each room, so I'll just say that there is obviously still MUCH to do, but it's fun to see what a difference some furniture and paint makes. On to the pretty pictures!

LIVING ROOM
BEFORE
AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER

Yeah, this fireplace is a blight on the wall and I am currently fixing that. Updates in your future.

BEFORE
AFTER

DINING ROOM
BEFORE
AFTER

STUDY/OFFICE (before photo doesn't exist)

AFTER
AFTER

GUEST ROOM


BEFORE
AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER

HALL BATHROOM


BEFORE
AFTER

MASTER BEDROOM
BEFORE
AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER

My favorite room is easily the master bedroom. Once we painted those walls a sexy gray color, it definitely set the mood. ;)

6 comments:

  1. Great progress in 3 months. Are those your paintings in the living room and hall bathroom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yvonne! The big paintings in the living room are mine, but that's all. I've stopped doing paintings for the house because I always see things I want to change in them after they are "done".

      Delete
  2. Oh I love those things (look like balloons) hanging off your mantle. What are they?

    Love the duvet too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are Loomi Lights! They are made entirely out of modular pieces of paper and were a kickstarter project come to life. You can buy them here: loomilight.com
      I love the duvet too! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Found you via YHL Forum - Love your before and afters, the colors you use are fantastic! And the two dogs on the couch are adorable, glad to meet another Home Imp DIY'er!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you! Can't you just tell those YHL forums are going to the be the end of "free-time" for most of us?
      Thanks for stopping by! Gonna go pop over to your blog now and have a look around :)

      Delete